Over 100 towns and villages are now part of the Walkers are Welcome network: and Todmorden joined them in July 2016! Here’s our report and accreditation report for 2017.
The project aims to encourage and support towns and villages to
be attractive destinations for walkers with top quality information on local walks
- offer local people and visitors excellent walking opportunities within their areas
- ensure that footpaths and facilities for walkers are maintained, improved and well signposted
- contribute to local tourism plans and regeneration strategies
- promote the health benefits of walking and increase participation
- encourage the use of public transport
For more details of the movement in general see the Walkers are Welcome website here.